Removing hair is quite regular and necessary for our daily life. But yet it can seem like a struggle. We want smooth legs, underarms and bikini areas, but that undesired hair always grows back so quickly. Waxing and epilators are two methods that can give long lasting results, however, each has their own pros and cons. Now let’s see which is better for you.
Let’s start with waxing first, Waxing is the most popular hair removal technique till date. Waxing is an effective method of removing large amount of hair at one time.
Advantages of waxing:
- It’s a very effective method of hair removal in large amount at one time.
- Waxing can make hairless skin last up to 8 WEEKS.
Disadvantages of waxing:
- It can irritate the skin, causing redness and bumps for those with sensitive skin.
- The process of waxing can be messy and sticky.
Epilators are electric devices that look like electric razors but instead of rotating blades have one of three different types of heads to remove hair. Choices include rolling tweezer types, spring types or rotating disc types.
Advantages of epilators:
- Very easy to operate.
- Real life savers for unplanned person. You can have smooth silky hands and legs in a matter of max 30 minutes.
- The cooling pack and the massaging device temporarily numb the area prior to epilation.
- Over time, hair becomes less coarse when it grows back.
Disadavantages of epilators:
- Using an epilator can be painful the first few times.
- Some people may experience problems with missed or ingrown hairs as well.